Monday, July 23, 2012

Cut Down Bennet Vectors in progress.

I want some Bennett Vectors that will fit on a Penny sized board.  The smallest they make are 4.25" hangers so I guess I have to make them.  I am in the process of cutting some down to make them have 3" hangers and 6" axles.
The other day I pounded out the axles and cut the hangers down to size.  That part was very easy.  then came the cutting and threading of the axles.  That was not so easy.  I have done this with 2 other sets of trucks.  I have cut down a set of Randals and a set of old school G&S trucks, both to about 110mm.  On both rethreading the axles wasn't easy, but I was able to do it by hand without too much trouble.  Not so with these axles in the Vectors.  I even went and bought a new die to see if that was the issue, but still couldn't get it.  I ordered some bar stock so I can make some from scratch and as soon as it gets here I am going to finish these up and see how they ride.
I will eventually use them both together, but I think I will pair one up front with a Midtrack in the back for a tiny slalom inspired setup and see how that feels for a while first.  
Now I am getting to excited to play with these, I hope that bar comes soon.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just did the 2nd one and took them out for a ride last night, will get some more pics up soon.

      Delete