Friday, June 15, 2012

Penny Nickel and Green Banana Eco Cruiser

Nicole's 5th Time Skateboarding!!!

We didn't try out any boards that were new to Nicole this trip.  We just went skating and then for a sunset and dinner with our friends Jason and Kylie.  Nicole is getting pretty good, and Kylie is not bad for only going out s few times either. 


We took the Green Banana Eco Cruiser, Nicole's favorite board, and the Penny Nickel, one of my favorites.

For more discussion please check out plasticskateboarding.com/forum 




I had just received a Diff case that has the mount for lenses for my phone so I took a bunch of photos with a fisheye lens.  I have to use it more to decide if I like it, but it is the only secure way I have found to mount the lenses.  The little magnetic rings they come with just don't cut it.


2 comments:

  1. Hello mate, got to say I love your blog! Extremely helpful to make my decision on first cruiser board, great pics and very informative stuff all in all :)
    I have a quick question for you: just order my Penny nickel board (deck only) and am looking for some good 129 trucks to fit on. Being 5'11" tall and about 190lbs, I am looking at something a bit wider than the stock 4" Penny trucks. Also coming from a street skate background, I want to light again my love for Indy 129 trucks... Question is: will the drilling of the standard 129 Independent trucks (Stage 10 model) fit the Penny deck drilling pattern? If not, any tips on good solid trucks, slightly wider than the stock 4" Penny, that will fit the Nickel deck without extra drilling will be much appreciated :) I am based in the UK in case that helps...Cheers!! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    Indy Stage 10 129s are drilled new school and the Nickel is drilled old school. Will not fit stock. To make it fit you could get some of the new Indy Downhill Baseplates and use them with the 129 hangers. The Downhill Baseplates are 6 hole so they will work.
    Let me know what you decide, I just bought some of the downhill baseplates last week, but haven't gotten around to putting them on anything yet.

    ReplyDelete