Monday, July 01, 2013

Mini Zombie Hawgs - More 70mm Wheels!?!


Mini Zombie Hawgs by Landyachtz

Shortly after buying a set of 70mm Orangatang 4 Presidents because I found them on sale, I saw this set of 70mm 82a Mini Zombie Hawgs on sale.  I don't usually ride wheels this big, but since I had just picked us the Orangatangs, I got these too just to compare. 



I put together a weird set up with them and have taken it for a ride the last 2 days in between rains.  I thought the yellow wheels would look cool with the blue Flexdex Retrodex that I got a while ago and hadn't done anything with yet.  I stole some Indeesz 100mm from another board, mostly because that board also had some 1/4" risers I wanted to use.  I put some new Bones Reds in and that is the setup currently.  



Just like the Orangatangs, these things feel huge, maybe a little more so because they are on a shorter board.  My initial impression was that they feel a little harder than the 82a they are because of the big core.  After only a few rides on each, I am not sure which of these 70mm sets I like better.  I will post a comparison and maybe Nicole's thoughts on them after we get a few more days of cruising around on 
them in.  


If you have anything to add, please check us out and comment at plasticskateboarding.com/forum




No comments:

Post a Comment