Thursday, September 20, 2012

GFH 3" Trucks

I just got these GFH trucks from Churchill Manufacturing.  I was browsing their site looking at the penny killer and the price on them was so awesome I decided to try a set.  I needed a thin set of trucks for a board I was making anyway.  I am glad I got these the closest competition for the price was Penny trucks and these have at least two advantages so far.
First, they are drilled with standard 6 hole mounting.  They will work on any board with new or old school mounting.  Second, I pulled them apart and checked the pivot cup and it is a standard size.  It can be replaced with the small Khiro cups.  I used the soft ones because I am out of the hard and it was still pretty tight so the hard may or may not work.  I took it for a test ride and the soft definitely work though.  The pivot itself is kind of blunt and not rounded, I haven't seen that before.
The kingpin is one of the loose ones with the square bottom but us the standard size and thread.  The bushings kind of sucked so I replaced them with blue Khiro barrels and short inserts.  I will probably swap them to something a little harder but I was out of Khiro red.  

Taken for a few test rides now, they feel pretty good.  More when i get a little more time in on them.


5 comments:

  1. which wheels are that?
    greez kingsalo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cadillac. They are a really square small shape. They are on a board I built, I wanted it to feel as much like a 60's board as I could but still be functional. It is pretty fun. I'll post it up eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. niiiice!
    i tried to find theese but I just found other types with lips :O

    kinda fucked up -.-

    kingsalo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are only 56mm so they are fine on smooth surfaces, but I wouldnt get them if you are going on rougher roads and sidewalks. Try looking up Bones Filmers if you dont want a lip. They make some 62mm softer wheels in a new school shape without a lip.

      Delete
  4. uuuh nice thanks for the info :D
    i will look it up, since i lost my board in the state of beeing drunk -.-''''''
    a friend of mine is going to get a cruiser too so we are going to ship it together in the winter before the season comes again.
    i am going to buy a penny and a globe again,bushings for both as well as bearing and new trucks for the penny.
    haha but it's going to be a problem since the store we are going to order has a lot of different cruiser but not much hardware -.-'
    greez kingsalo_

    ReplyDelete