Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Flexdex Retrodex

This is the Flexdex Retrodex.  I ordered one because I like the Flexdex Grenade and thought this was similar enough to a Grenade with a tail so I should try it.  I didn't have a setup in mind so I threw on something to try.  I was going to just swap everything over from a Green Banana Lil' Nanner, because they are similarly sized and I didn't really love that setup on the Green Banana.  The setup was Ace 00 hangers on Independent Stage 9 baseplates, Bones Reds in Sector 9 wheels and Khiro barrels and short inserts, red in the front, yellow in the back.  The Stage 9 baseplates are only grilled for new school, like the Lil' Nanner so switched them with some Independent Downhill baseplates I had been waiting to use on something.  The longer kingpins in the new baseplates let me use a Khiro tall insert in the trucks instead of the short insert.  Put together, I took it for a test ride.  Maybe it is just because I love every skateboard I ride, but it felt really good.  The small wheel base and the taller bushings make it turn ridiculously tight, no wheelbite with 1/8" risers.  The flex is noticeable and fun, but not too much. The grip tape is really course, that might be the only thing I would change.   

Compared it to the Grenade.  It it about the same width, and maybe a half inch longer.  The length of the tail, about 4" comes off of the wheelbase so it feels much quicker to turn than the Grenade.  The difference in flex is very noticeable just stepping on the board.  Riding, the difference didn't feel so much.  The wheelbase and the shortness of the Retrodex pretty much keeps your feet right above the trucks so you don't feel all the flex.

Flexdex Retrodex and Flexdex Grenade


Retrodex and Penny

More when I get some time riding it...
Check out the Flexdex thread on the forum:
http://plasticskateboarding.com/forum/index.php?topic=15.0







No comments:

Post a Comment