Friday, May 25, 2012

Johnny Reno's old school skateboard parts.

Jon owns a bar that my friends and I like to go to, Johnny Reno's at the end of the St. Pete Pier.  He also owns a surf shop, Reno Beach in St. Pete.  He is a good guy and I have had a bunch of skateboard conversations with him.  A few of us went for dinner at Johnny Reno's Sunday and Jon gave me this bag of old school plastics.  There was some cool stuff in there, check it out:
My buddy Charlie snagged this and a set of Powell orange rails.  I offered to trade a green bird for this but he wouldn't do it.

These are awesome.  I can't figure out if I should use or save these.





Then we rode Jon's Hamboard for a little while and watched the sunset from the pier.


4 comments:

  1. Whoa...nice gear! He just gave you that stuff? I've really been wanting some kicktail guards. All that stuff you got looks great. Does he sell them, or is this just some stuff he head layin around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he really hooked me up. I think this is all the old school plastic he had around. Ill ask him though. What width do you need the tail to be? I might have one that fits. If not you can always trace the deck onto a cheap cutting board and cut it out. I have done that a bunch of times, it works pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My deck is about 10" wide haha. It tapers down to around 6-7" once you get near the tails. The board is essentially a 44" street skateboard. Crazy stuff, and hard as all get out to ollie. It would be fun to have some tail protectors. Might even add ribs in the future...I'm really diggin those bat wings by Madrid. Very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen some great stuff here. Worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website. Your work is truly appreciated around the clock and the globe. https://longboardbrand.com/best-skateboard-cruising/

    ReplyDelete