Thursday, October 27, 2011

Why Penny, Why?

Penny Skateboards are not drilled to mount standard trucks.
This is about what Penny Trucks look like.

And this is what I wanted to happen.

I got these Surf-Rodz Indeesz.  I got the 100mm because I knew they were for a mini.  I mostly wanted them for this board.  

But...

If you look close, the mounting holes are off.  They are close to the old school mounting pattern, but just enough shorter not to work.  It is definitely the Penny drilling and trucks that are off, I compared them to the Indeesz and some Trackers and some Randals.  Maybe because Penny is an Australian company they use a different patern?  The Penny deck is counterbore for the hardware so redrilling will make it look screwy.  Oh well, good trucks for another board I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment