Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Orangatang 4President

I just got some Orangatang 4Presidents in the mail.  I usually don't buy wheels this big, but a few things made me want them.  First, Nicole has been riding the Flexdex set up with 70mm wheels almost every time we go out and she says the wheels are one of the things she likes most about it.  So I want another set up with 70mm wheels for me to play with.  Next they were a good deal.  I can't pass up good deals on skate parts weather I need them or not.  Lastly, I really like the Orangatang Nipples bushings, but have never tried their wheels so it was about time.


They came out of the box and two thoughts came to me.  Holy cow these are big and holy cow these are yellow.  I'm not sure what I am going to put these on yet.  I am leaning towards my Nickel.  It has Indy 109's on it right now, and that might be a fun set up to cruise around on.  It has 60mm Penny wheels on it now and I am curious to see how much more speed it will hold with these much bigger wheels on it.
The other thought I had was to put it on a Flexdex Retrodex since I have an extra one around, but that might look way too monster truck like.


Decisions, decisions decisions...

4 comments:

  1. hi there
    based on experience how big can a wheel get before it wheelbites? im planning on using bigger wheels on my stereo vinyl cruiser to up the speed a bit :D

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never run bigger than 65mm for any length of time. I had a 1/8' riser with them and didn't have any issue with wheelbite. I tried 70mm Sector 9s before, but they were too narrow and made the board feel too tippy so I didn't leave them on long enough to know if wheelbite would have been and issue. I will let you know how these work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a Stereo Vinyl cruiser about a month ago and was switching my bearings out for reds and one of the wheels would not come of no matter what I did. Eventually I got it off with a hammer but it still doesnt spin nearly as long as the others. Do you know what causeed to wheels sticking and if it is normal?

    ReplyDelete