Monday, August 13, 2012

I finally got a Creature RipRIder

My buddy Charlie sent me some pics of a skate shop he was in in California.  In a corner of the pic I thought I saw a Creature Rip Rider.  I have wanted one for a while, but have not seen them for sale anywhere a couple years.  I immediately called him back and asked him to obtain and mail it to me.  Charlie being an awesome guy did just that and it showed up today.  While I was waiting for it I looked around online and it seems that Creature re-released a limited number of them after not making them for 3 or 4 years.  I still have not seen for sale at any local shops or online.



My first impressions were that it looks really cool and looks like it will have wheelbite like crazy.  I took it for a ride around the neighborhood.  I was already thinking about what risers would look cool in it, but surprisingly it was not bad.  I tightened each truck 1/2 turn and could carve fairly tight without any bite.  


The Bullet trucks feel okay, I think this is the first set I have ridden so Ill hold my opinions until I get some more time in on them.  I will say that the bushings feel really good for stock bushings.  



The no name bearings and OJ IIIs felt awesome.  I like OJ wheels and the bearings felt smooth and fast for not even being broken in yet.  

The Coffin shape seemed just for style at first but after riding it is a really functional shape.  The wide part up front makes a comfortable platform with lots of leverage for such a small board.  
The deck is about 2" longer than a Penny and almost that much wider up front.  It feels noticeably bigger than the Penny when riding.  Its dimensions are more like the Globe Bantam but the Creature feels longer, probably because it tapers to be pretty narrow.  

The RipRider seems a little more flexy than the Penny, closer to the Bantam.  I am impressed with this board.  I can't wait to get some more time in on it.



For more discussion please check out plasticskateboarding.com/forum 




7 comments:

  1. awesome! like to try one of those.
    love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just one question...how much did you pay?!hahaha
    greez kingsalojr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair question, less than I thought Id have to pay, $90.

      Delete
    2. wooow really cheap!
      i found it on ebay for 119 pounds,that are 152 euros -.-'
      still i need it hahaha :D
      greez kingsalojr

      Delete
    3. Im impressed with mine, if you get it, let me know what you think.

      Delete
  3. hi there, what size where the OJ wheels and how much bigger do you think I can get away with when I ad risers to the board?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of these boards. I really like it but I get wheel bite like crazy. I weigh 301 pounds so that may be the issue. I am going to try risers and see if that helps any.

    ReplyDelete